GPS: N60° 10.360; E024° 56.038
The Finnish Parliament Building is located at Mannerheimintie 30, 00100 Helsinki, Finland.
The Eduskunta is the 200 member unicameral parliament of Finland. It meets at the Parliament House in Helsinki.
In 1923, a competition selected the present site, hillside on Mannerheimintie, for the new Finnish Parliament House. In 1924 a design competition for the building was won by the architectural firm of Borg–Sirén–Åberg. Johan Sigfrid Sirén was select to design the building.
The four story Neo-Classical Parliament Building was constructed between 1926 and 1931 and opened on March 7, 1931. The exterior is made of red granite. The most striking feature of the façade is a colonnade of fourteen columns each topped with a Corinthian capital. A flight of steps the length of the colonnade leads up to the main lobby on the first floor. Above the colonnade is a series of circular windows.
The stamp was issued by Finland in 1963 as part of a set of twenty-two definitive stamps depicting sites in Finland.